Good morning everyone on this wonderful Friday!! (It’s nearly the weekend – yippee!!)
Not long ago I was having a read through the blogs I follow and I came across the Book Blogger Test. Whilst the post didn’t nominate anybody, it left it open to anyone who opted to do it. I saw this post on snowlyramble’s blog and ask you all to go and check it out – I loved her answers to this test and I think you should all go and take a look if you don’t follow her already!!
1. Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog.
2. Answer the ten questions asked on this post
3. Nominate at least five people to do it also
4. Let your nominees know you nominated them
Three Book Pet Hates
- Cracked spines – need I say any more? I try to read books as carefully as possible so as not to damage them!
- Much in line with point 1, bending the pages and making them all dog-eared is a crime against books.
- Book endings that are extremely disappointing – so a few years ago I invested time into the Books of Pellinor series and I loved it… except the ending. I’m sorry, it was atrocious. As with a lot of fantasy, there is a lot of build-up to the end sequence. Then it just fell flat on its face. It was a real let down and I detest investing time into a series that just doesn’t deliver.
Perfect Reading Spot
The perfect reading spot has to be at home, sat in my front room with my feet up under a blanket. A cup of tea is also compulsory. Preferably I’d have a personal, shirtless waiter at my beck and call… but we can’t have it all.
Three Book Confessions
- I imagine a lot of bibliophiles feel the same – I find I relate a lot more to book characters than I do people. I read to get AWAY from people…
- When mum and dad moved house last year I borrowed some books (at least 10) from dad. I still haven’t read a single one. Sorry dad, you’re probably not going to get them back unless you ask.
- Whilst I acknowledge that new books are amazing, they smell great (if they did a room spray in new book fragrance, I would genuinely buy it) I find it EASIER to read on Kindle – NOTE I DID NOT SAY BETTER PLEASE DON’T BE OFFENDED!!! Ahem.
Last Time I Cried Reading
It has to be when I read The Green Mile. Anyone who follows my blog will have seen more than one impassioned blog post about the book. It’s pretty much my favourite book ever. If you want to read my thoughts about it, here are a couple of my posts about it:-
Number of Books on my Bedside Table
I’m actually quite good for this at the moment – I have one IN my bedside table but none sat on top. I think the book within is one of dad’s as well…
Favourite Reading Snack
I am not picky. Anything sugary or even savoury is good for me. Basically, I like food – I won’t turn my nose up at anything.
Three Books I Recommend
- If you have never read Tolkien, you have not lived. Technically its three books, but I recommend Lord of the Rings to anyone and everyone.
- To Kill A Mockingbird – it is a difficult thing to comprehend that the very judicial system designed to be fair and just can be corrupted. It is a worse thing to know that your peers will rule against you despite all evidence pointing the other way because of the colour of your skin. The best way to learn is from our mistakes.
- George R R Martin’s books. All of them. Right now.
Picture of my Favourite Book Shelf
How Much Books Mean (in three words)
A lot… duhhh…
Biggest Reading Secret
Books are means of enjoyment or pleasure; they can be a break from reality. They can teach you more about what used to be a reality, or they can explore the realms of “never going to happen in a million years” – but that doesn’t matter.
For me, my mind is my temple. It’s my space and anything goes. Well, almost. It’s an escapism from the bills and the job and all of life’s little annoyances – and believe me there are plenty. I love to learn and every day is a school day. If I can be introduced to new ideas or different perspectives through books, without interruption then I am broadening my horizons.
Whilst I try to read books with an open mind – there are just some genres I won’t even touch because I am 99% sure I won’t like them. I hope to change that – but it’s something I need to work on.
Okay, so I am not going to name individuals to do this test in case you have been nominated already. If not and you’d love to take part… then TAG. You’re in the club. Let me know if you opt to do this tag so I can read what you have to say!!
Thanks for reading and much love, as always